Workshops are focused on making and using biochar on orchards and vineyards, but will provide valuable information for all users.
They will be held in the following locations:
South Island: Cromwell (NZ Nuts Ltd), Nelson (Kaimira Wines). An additional workshop is being considered in North Canterbury.
North Island: Waihi (Chaos Springs), Auckland (TBA soon), Gisborne (Kaiaponi Farms)
Venue details are available from the Eventbrite booking page (link above: WORKSHOP DATES & BOOKINGS page)
Using biochar sequesters carbon, and supports sustainable horticultural production by :
1. increasing soil water holding
2. increasing nutrient availability & reducing nutrient leaching, thus reducing input costs
3. increasing biological activity and soil health
4. remediation of contaminated soil
5. utilisation of crop residues
...all leading to improved crop performance, healthier plants and profits.
Dennis Enright (NZ Biochar Ltd) and Trevor Richards (AllBlackEarth) will present information and demonstrate making and using biochar.
see links to other pages above:
"WORKSHOP DATES & BOOKINGS"